*Changes to Online Learning*
From Wednesday the 22nd of April we will use a new approach to our online learning system.
Select Year 1 and we start on first day Monday and continue through the week.
Follow our twitter for help and support @RecordBSTM
Alongside this I will post two pieces of Come and See work to complete at any time throughout the week. Please keep posting and tweeting your work. I love seeing what you are all getting up to.
Have lots of fun :) Stay Safe Miss Mc Enteexx
Tuesday 23rd June
Rosie Revere, Engineer
Our book focus is 'Rosie Revere, Engineer'. Watch the video, but only up to 3:33!
Your tasks are:
1) Can you predict what happens next in the story? Write your prediction down in your activity books.
2) Can you design and write about your own flying machine? What materials would you use?
3) Tell us what you want to be when you grow up and why!
These tasks will be needed for our Zoom lesson on Thursday.
We can't wait to see your fantastic work!
Have fun, stay safe!
Miss Deans & Miss McEntee x
Wednesday 24th June
Can you remember all of your 2D and 3D shapes?
Answer the questions below by drawing and labelling the shape:
1) What 2D shape has 3 sides and 3 corners?
2) What is a 6 sided shape called?
3) Can you draw a cube?
4) What two 2D shapes have 4 sides and 4 corners? Draw and label them both.
5) Which 3D shape would be best used to make a ball?
Put your answers in your activity book. Remember to Tweet/email us your work!
Miss Deans & Miss McEntee x
Thursday 11th June
Here is a link to the book (you will need to sign up for a free Twinkl account).
Read the book and answer the questions below in your activity book.
1) What food did the rabbit have that went missing?
2) What did the rabbit and the squirrel find in the tree branch that gave them an idea of who may have stolen their food?
3) What does the word 'culprit' mean?
4) How do you think the animals felt when they first saw the monster?
5) Would you go into the cave for tea with the monster? Why?
Collective Worships to complete as a family
Below is a lovely collective worship (reflective time) to engage in with your family. Find some calming space and relax.
Home School Learning Activities.
Hello Record Breakers, Each day I will post some Home school activities for you to complete linked with our packs. Don't forget to follow us on twitter @RecordBSTM. You can access previous days learning and explore our links on our webpage.
Most important thing spend time with you family and embrace the fun. We will all be back together soon. :)
Love Miss Mc Entee x
Summer Term 1
Today I have split you into your tables we sit in our classroom. We are going to begin some new topics for our Summer Term. Have fun Love Miss Mc Entee xx
Welcome to Record Breakers 2019-2020 class page!
Our class teacher is Miss Mc Entee and our Learning Support Assistants is Mrs Millier, Mrs Ealey and Miss Collinson will be supporting our are SEN children.
English links to games & activities to help at home:
Maths activities and games to help at home:
Computing - Keeping safe online:
Please use the Thinkuknow website (link below) to help you stay safe online!
We love learning new sounds in phonics as this helps us with our reading!
This half term we are:
- counting in 1s and 2s from any given number forwards & backwards.
- saying one more/one less than a number e.g. 1 more than 17 is 18 (we know more than means adding one) 1 less than 52 is 51 (less means fewer/take away).
- recalling number bonds to 10.
- counting in 1s and 2s forwards and backwards from any number (up to 100).
Autumn 1 - All about me and where I live!
We have been looking at a video clip of 'Bubbles' and talking about describing the beach where the little girl was walking along and found some bubbles.
We used our senses to explore what we could see about the beach in the hear, what we could hear and how the sand would feel. We did this by have a tuff tray of sand and using our hands to feel to help us describe what the sand felt like.
Geography - Where do I live? Where is our school?
We have been looking at where we live and what is in our local area. We have been using google maps to find where our house is from aerial view. We have also been giving instructions using positional language (go forwards, backwards, turn left & turn right) of how to find our house when using google maps.
We have explored our school by google maps and looking at aerial view photos of our school. We have begun to develop our map skills by drawing a map of how we can get from one area in our playground to another.
Science - My body and senses
We have been naming parts of the body we can see and cannot see.
Sarah - "spine"
Abbie - "skull"
Eric - "wrist"
We have been investigating and carrying out simple tests on using out senses. We have used blindfolds to paint pictures like the artist Lisa Fittipaldi. This helped us realise how much people who are blind/have a sight impairment feel and how much they rely on using their sense of touch.
In English we have been working on saying aloud simple sentences out loud. We have been practising clapping the rhythm of the sentences out in different voices e.g. singing, robot etc numerous times before writing the sentences down. Please practise this at home with children.
We have also been doing lots of reading and exploring our new book corner. Children have been enjoying paired reading and encouraging each other to practice reading aloud.