Years 1 and 2 watched the performance about mental health and took part in workshops. The play explored; how to deal with angry feelings and behaviour, being kind and respectful of others, being resilient and not giving up, positive friendship and relationships, managing stress and when to ask for help and who to ask.
As the Pastoral Team at St. Michael's Catholic Primary School we aim to provide support for all of our pupils and their families. We offer a safe place where individuals are valued, listened to and supported to overcome any barriers to learning.
|Pastoral Manager||Mrs Birch|
|Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator||Miss Higgins|
|Learning Mentor||Mr Burcher|
|Learning Mentor||Miss Cornett|
|Family Support Worker||Nikki Kavanagh|
The Pastoral Team can make a difference…..
Their role includes:
· Listening to their views.
. Helping them to manage difficulties in their like.
· Helping them to understand about being a good friend and co-operating with others.
· Raising their self esteem.
· Motivating them to be successful and achieve.
· Encouraging them to be more self-sufficient and independent.
· Producing a plan of work towards agreed goals.
· Supporting them to organise their time and work in school and at home.
Barriers to learning may be:
· Negative emotions
· Low self confidence
· Difficult family circumstances
· Problems with friendships and relationships
· Worries and concerns about transferring from one key stage to another particularly primary to secondary school
· Worries about changes in their lives
· Difficulties with organisation
We work alongside your child’s teacher, to offer extra support for your child and help them to make the most of their time at school.