Drop In Sessions for Children
Our school is working in partnership with Seedlings- a therapeutic service focusing on children’s emotional and well -being.
EVERY FRIDAY our therapist Marina will be providing DROP IN SESSIONS.
Children can discuss a range of things such as worries they have in school, developing and maintaining friendships, transition into different year groups or moving to new schools etc.
PLEASE NOTE- This is not a counselling session but it will give your child the opportunity to have their voice heard.
If you do want your child to access this service can you please inform their class teacher.
As the Pastoral Team at St. Michael's Catholic Primary School we aim to provide support for all of our pupils and their families. We offer a safe place where individuals are valued, listened to and supported to overcome any barriers to learning.
|Pastoral Manager||Mrs Birch|
|Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator||Miss Higgins|
|Learning Mentor||Mr Burcher|
|Learning Mentor||Miss Cornett|
|Family Support Worker||Dawn Foxon|
The Pastoral Team can make a difference…..
Their role includes:
· Listening to their views.
. Helping them to manage difficulties in their like.
· Helping them to understand about being a good friend and co-operating with others.
· Raising their self esteem.
· Motivating them to be successful and achieve.
· Encouraging them to be more self-sufficient and independent.
· Producing a plan of work towards agreed goals.
· Supporting them to organise their time and work in school and at home.
Barriers to learning may be:
· Negative emotions
· Low self confidence
· Difficult family circumstances
· Problems with friendships and relationships
· Worries and concerns about transferring from one key stage to another particularly primary to secondary school
· Worries about changes in their lives
· Difficulties with organisation
We work alongside your child’s teacher, to offer extra support for your child and help them to make the most of their time at school.
Years 1 and 2 watched the performance about mental health and took part in workshops. The play explored; how to deal with angry feelings and behaviour, being kind and respectful of others, being resilient and not giving up, positive friendship and relationships, managing stress and when to ask for help and who to ask.